This post may include affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you use these links which helps pay for the coffee this site runs on. Thx! Disclosure.
There are so many articles and posts about “Mom Types” and so many stereotypes – good and bad – associated with them. Those are usually focused on parenting style… but what about your personality type? Doesn’t that drive, at least to some degree, what type of mom you become? There’s where this post comes in! I’d like to talk to you about what I call “The Analytical Mommy” – which, not surprisingly, is my “Mom Type” and I hope yours too!
A note about personality types – most people aren’t 100% one type or another. If any of this resonates with you, then you might be at least part Analytical Mommy!
So what makes us Analytical Moms tick?
- We like to figure things out and get to the bottom of things. We’re thinking…
- We are VERY curious! This is a very strong driver.
- We instinctively know how things work and are connected.
- We see patterns and grasp cause and effect easily (naturally even).
- We instinctively know how to prioritize tasks based on what’s involved, the time it will take to complete, and dependencies (what needs to happen first before you can do something else).
- Academically, we often lean towards math, science, business, engineering, philosophy or law degrees.
- We want things to be practical.
- We can focus on something really well until we figure it out.
- We’re quick learners!
- We’re our own biggest critic.
What don’t we like?
- We don’t like contradictions.
- We don’t like things that are illogical or irrational – like wasting time for no reason…
- We’re not fans of sitting around to theorize – we prefer to figuring things out and get answers.
So what does this all mean my fellow Analytical Mommies?
If you’re part Analytical Mommy, then you probably like information! You like to educate yourself – especially about parenting topics! You like to break things down, know how they work, and make them better or use them in the best way possible. You love hacks! You love practicality! You hate to waste time when you could be using doing something amazing!
And guess what? When you know what makes things tick, you can save time, save money, and save your sanity!
You can… Parent Smarter. Not Harder!
So are you an Analytical Mommy? Does this sound great to you?
I think we’re all a little Analytical Mommy…
Comment below and share with us how you’re an Analytical Mommy! Then check out some other posts on this site or on my Facebook Page. I think you’ll love them!